GFHG Meetings - Belmont Library
- GFHG Meeting Aug 26, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia GFHG AGM plus speaker - Presenter: Michael KING. Topic: The History of Undertakers and Funeral Directors in Geelong.
- GFHG Meeting Sep 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: Louise COAKLEY. Topic: Practical Tips for Working with Speculative Trees – DNA and non-DNA.
- GFHG Meeting Oct 28, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: Lorraine SMITH. Topic: Author of Journey of a Lost Manuscript – signed copies of her book will be available for purchase at the meeting.
- GFHG Meeting Nov 25, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Members' Christmas night - short presentations from members followed by supper - please bring a plate.
- GFHG Meeting Dec 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia No meeting in December.
- GFHG Meeting Mar 31, 2021 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: TBA. Topic: TBA
Category Archives: Family history
Even more reasons to get involved with the Geelong Family History Group(GFHG) – whether you are a member or not. NEW: DNA Interest Group We are delighted to announce that our GFHG Member and DNA expert, Louise Coakley, has agreed to … Continue reading
The Geelong Family History Group has been a ‘virtual’ / online family history group since we closed our Research rooms and Library in 2006. APART from our Monthly meetings everything we have done since then was online. That’s why I … Continue reading
Discounted certificates for the month of March To say thank you to our valued family historians, the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages Victoria (BDM Victoria) are offering downloadable uncertified historical certificates for $20 each for the entire month of March. This is a … Continue reading
DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is more commonly referred to as Genetic Genealogy. And if you can’t remember, or pronounce, the full meaning of DNA, it won’t impede your ability to doing DNA research. Thinking of taking a DNA test? Already … Continue reading
The Geelong Family History Group now offers TWO options for paid Research. Both options cost $20 ($10 for Members). You can request either Research option or both. Today we’re announcing the second and most exciting addition for people researching in the … Continue reading
Members of the Geelong Family History Group have submitted their Surnames of Interest. People who may be researching the same families can contact GFHG Members – read the details.
The Geelong Family History Group are holding a NSW Research Seminar: When: Sunday 27th October 2019, 10.00 – 4.00 pm Where: Meeting Room, Waurn Ponds Library, 230 Pioneer Rd, Waurn Ponds. [NOTE: correct street number] Cost: $15.00 per person ($10.00 … Continue reading
Happy National Family History Month! The Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Victoria has just announced a terrific gift for ALL family history researchers for NFHM! Click on the image at the right to find out more!
Just a reminder to all Geelong Family History Group members and followers – here are two blogs that you really need to read and absorb! These are both REALLY important: Update on the changes and improvements to the Registry of … Continue reading