GFHG Meetings - Belmont Library
- GFHG Meeting Sep 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm VIRTUAL Meeting until further notice Presenter: Louise COAKLEY. Topic: Practical Tips for Working with Speculative Trees – DNA and non-DNA.
- GFHG Meeting Oct 28, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm VIRTUAL Meeting until further notice Presenter: Lorraine SMITH. Topic: Author of Journey of a Lost Manuscript – signed copies of her book will be available for purchase at the meeting.
- GFHG Meeting Nov 25, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm VIRTUAL Meeting until further notice Members' Christmas night - short presentations from members followed by supper - please bring a plate.
- GFHG Meeting Dec 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm VIRTUAL Meeting until further notice No meeting in December.
- GFHG Meeting Mar 31, 2021 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm VIRTUAL Meeting until further notice Presenter: TBA. Topic: TBA
Category Archives: Event
Even more reasons to get involved with the Geelong Family History Group(GFHG) – whether you are a member or not. NEW: DNA Interest Group We are delighted to announce that our GFHG Member and DNA expert, Louise Coakley, has agreed to … Continue reading
The Geelong Family History Group has been a ‘virtual’ / online family history group since we closed our Research rooms and Library in 2006. APART from our Monthly meetings everything we have done since then was online. That’s why I … Continue reading
DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is more commonly referred to as Genetic Genealogy. And if you can’t remember, or pronounce, the full meaning of DNA, it won’t impede your ability to doing DNA research. Thinking of taking a DNA test? Already … Continue reading
The Geelong Family History Group are holding a NSW Research Seminar: When: Sunday 27th October 2019, 10.00 – 4.00 pm Where: Meeting Room, Waurn Ponds Library, 230 Pioneer Rd, Waurn Ponds. [NOTE: correct street number] Cost: $15.00 per person ($10.00 … Continue reading
Happy National Family History Month! The Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Victoria has just announced a terrific gift for ALL family history researchers for NFHM! Click on the image at the right to find out more!
Just a reminder to all Geelong Family History Group members and followers – here are two blogs that you really need to read and absorb! These are both REALLY important: Update on the changes and improvements to the Registry of … Continue reading
At the VAFHO Expo in Hamilton on Saturday, Susie Zada, from the Geelong Family History Group, was presented with the Association’s Frances Brown Award. The Award is made by VAFHO to an individual who has made a significant contribution to … Continue reading
We now have direct contact with senior management at the Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. To keep abreast of the current and changing status of the Vic BDM website and searches, follow the VAFHO (Victorian Association of Family … Continue reading
2019 is shaping up to be a great year for family history researchers – both in Geelong and further afield. Pull out your diaries (and for those relying on their phone or computer diary, open up your diaries) and make … Continue reading
Join us in congratulating our local Geelong and District winners! Don’t know who they are? Read this!