GFHG Meetings - Belmont Library
- GFHG Meeting Apr 22, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: Geelong Cemeteries Trust. Topic: The Present and the Future.
- GFHG Meeting May 27, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: Colac & District Family History Group. Topic: Colac resources for Family History research.
- GFHG Meeting Jun 24, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: John STEWART. Topic: Searching for Wills and Probates in Australasia online.
- GFHG Meeting Jul 22, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: Gwen THRELFALL. Topic: Mount Duneed.
- GFHG Meeting Aug 26, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia GFHG AGM plus speaker - Presenter: Michael KING. Topic: The History of Undertakers and Funeral Directors in Geelong.
- GFHG Meeting Sep 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm Belmont Library, 163 High St, Geelong VIC 3216, Australia Presenter: Louise COAKLEY. Topic: Practical Tips for Working with Speculative Trees – DNA and non-DNA.
Category Archives: Event
DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is more commonly referred to as Genetic Genealogy. And if you can’t remember, or pronounce, the full meaning of DNA, it won’t impede your ability to doing DNA research. Thinking of taking a DNA test? Already … Continue reading
The Geelong Family History Group are holding a NSW Research Seminar: When: Sunday 27th October 2019, 10.00 – 4.00 pm Where: Meeting Room, Waurn Ponds Library, 230 Pioneer Rd, Waurn Ponds. [NOTE: correct street number] Cost: $15.00 per person ($10.00 … Continue reading
Happy National Family History Month! The Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages Victoria has just announced a terrific gift for ALL family history researchers for NFHM! Click on the image at the right to find out more!
Just a reminder to all Geelong Family History Group members and followers – here are two blogs that you really need to read and absorb! These are both REALLY important: Update on the changes and improvements to the Registry of … Continue reading
At the VAFHO Expo in Hamilton on Saturday, Susie Zada, from the Geelong Family History Group, was presented with the Association’s Frances Brown Award. The Award is made by VAFHO to an individual who has made a significant contribution to … Continue reading
We now have direct contact with senior management at the Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. To keep abreast of the current and changing status of the Vic BDM website and searches, follow the VAFHO (Victorian Association of Family … Continue reading
2019 is shaping up to be a great year for family history researchers – both in Geelong and further afield. Pull out your diaries (and for those relying on their phone or computer diary, open up your diaries) and make … Continue reading
Join us in congratulating our local Geelong and District winners! Don’t know who they are? Read this!
Check details: Here or Here See you there?
The closing ceremony for National Family History Month August 2018 is being sponsored by the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre and co-hosted by the Geelong Heritage Centre and the Geelong Family History Group. See all details in the NFHM Closing … Continue reading